- Hypersensitivity to tamsulosin hydrochloride.
- History of Postural hypotension.
- Severe hepatic insufficiency.
- As with other alpha1-blockers, reduction in blood pressure can occur in individual cases. At the first signs of orthostatic hypotension (dizziness, weakness), the patient should lie down until the symptoms have disappeared.
- During driving or operating machinery, patients should be aware of the fact that dizziness can occur.
- Tamsulosin selectively blocks alpha-1 adrenoreceptors (alpha1A-adrenoreceptor subtype) in the prostate, resulting in relaxation of prostatic and urethral smooth muscles. It is more selective than prazosin.
- Tamsul® increases the maximum urinary flow rate. It relieves obstruction by relaxing smooth muscle in prostate and urethra.